Kirtas Kabis I Lite Difference
The page images are captured using the latest Canon 18mp camera in full 36 bit color internally and 24 bit color external in a fraction of a second. The images are captured at 300ppi resolution with superior sharpness and excellent color fidelity with dual LEDs.
The new LIMB™ image processing software includes more automated features for faster, accurate image processing with minimal intervention. When coupled with the OCR processing software, automated “image tagging” is possible creating valuable book structural metadata, and searchable PDFs.
Quality Book Digitization
Quality results are the primary objective of any book digitization project. Quality includes superior images, high accuracy OCR, comprehensive metadata, and complete book integrity. Achieving this will allow you to use the book images to their fullest capability both now and for your future needs. Do it once so they last forever!
The KABIS I Lite system continues the Kirtas tradition by providing the SmartCradle™ with new automatic book centering that increases post-processing productivity. The 110 degree position is optimal for low stress, gentle book positioning and is ideal for fragile and rare books. Air flows are used to separte pages, and the latest SureTurn robotic arm and vacuum head will gently lift and turn the page. The result is full book content integrity and quality.
The newest KABIS Manager Plus software provides a simple user interface so digitizing begins quickly. It is easy to learn and setup is quick for each book. All of the KABIS controls are integrated and the interface provides easy monitoring of page capture, quality control and management for accuracy.
Kirtas Kabis I Lite Key Features
- Automatic, Semi-Automatic and Manual speeds from 400 to 1770 pages per hour
- Capture images at true optical 300ppi
- Patented SmartCradle dynamic book handler, with automatic adjustment
- Low-stress support for rare, fragile books
- Robotics that are gentler than the human hand
- SureTurn robotic arm lifts and turns each page
- Digitize 3 & 4 ring notebooks and spiral bound
Add LIMB™ Software for image processing
- LIMB retrieves available metadata retrieval and creates MARC, Dublin Core and MODS files
- LIMB image output interpolation up to 600ppi
- METS/ALTO Compliant Output w/OCR Software
- Output TIFF, JPG2000, JPG, PDF, PDF/A & more
Kirtas Kabis I Lite Specifications
Operation Automatic, Semi-automatic, Manual Cycle Speed Up to 1,770 images per hour Tone 36-bit color internal, 24-bit color external
LIMB™ Output Color, grayscale, bitonal, TIF, JPG, JP2, PDF; Original or interpolated resolutions. With OCR module: Searchable, PDF PDF/A METS/ALTO, DC, MODS, TXT
Capture: 18 megapixel Canon camera w/lens 300ppi up to 11 x 14” / 280 x 356mm
Lighting: Dual LEDs
Page Size: 11 x 14″ (280 x 355 mm) maximum, 4.5” x 7” minimum (115 x 178 mm) Automatic, 2”x 3” minimum (50 x 75mm) Manual
Paper: 13–80 lb (49–300 gsm)
Binding: Up to 4” (10 cm) Automatic
Dimensions: 33” x 32” x 47” (w x d x h), 84 x 82 x 121 cm
Weight: 140 lbs. (64 kg approx.
Power: Standard 110-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 15 Amp Receptacle
Certification: AN/NZS, CE, CSA, EN, FCC, RoHS, UL
- Foot Pedal
- KABIS Manager Plus license
- KABIS Controller 19
- o Dual Core processor
o 16 GB RAM
o 1 TB hard drive
o Ethernet cards
o Windows 10 Pro 64 bit OS
o 22″ Flat Screen Monitor, keyboard & mouse
- Small Book Extension Kit
- Barcode scanner
- Height-adjustable, ergonomic table
- LIMB™ Imaging Software
- LIMB™ Desktop Software
- LIMB™ Workstation 19 Computer
- OCR Module: ABBYY FineReaderTM or IRIS